Activities & Events
- Booktalk for Tuesday, January 31at 11:30 in the Living Room and on Zoom will be How to Be A Good Creature by Sy Montgomery. This is a very enjoyable small book as the author introduces us to some of the many creatures she considers her close friends. Bring a sandwich and a drink and some question or comment for us to discuss and join us. All are welcome whether you have read the book or not. If you buy the book at Carmichael’s, mention Booktalk at HBPres and receive a 20% discount.
- Pastors Book Club for January will be No Cure for Being Human by Kate Bowler. After discovering at 35 that her body was wracked with cancer, Kate Bowler explores the wisdom (and absurdity) of today’s “best life now” advice industry. With dry wit and unflinching honesty, Kate Bowler grapples with her diagnosis, her ambition, and her faith as she tries to come to terms with her limitations in a culture that says anything is possible. We’ll meet on Sunday, January 29 at 4:00pm in room 208 and via Zoom.
- Bookanalia for Wednesday, February 15th at 6:15 in the Session Room and on Zoom will be The Secret Life of Church Ladies by Deesha Philyaw. The brief book of short stories was a finalist for the 2020 National Book Award. Some of the stories could be considered R rated as the women struggle between what they perceive as the church’s standards and their own desires. All are welcome whether you have read the book or not. If you buy the book at Carmichael’s. mention Bookanalia at Harvey Browne and receive a 20% discount.
Ash Wednesday, February 22, 2023
- Dinner at 5:00pm (Suggested Donation of $5)
- Worship at 6:00pm in the sanctuary
- (no children choirs or handbell rehearsal)
- Chancel Choir Rehearsal at 7:00
Please contact the church office for the Zoom links.