September 23: Bats Game and Overnight
- Katherine is organizing tickets to see the Bats for any members of the congregation who wish to participate. Youth will go to the church first with their things and then ride together to the game and back for an overnight at the church.
October 15, 1:30-5:30: Fall Field Trip
- Drop youth off at the church at 1:30 and we will travel to Old Capitol Farm in Corydon, Indiana for a bonfire with s’mores, a nature hike, a horse-drawn wagon ride, pumpkin picking, and hanging out in an old, cool barn. Pick up back at the church at 5:00. Cost of $5 (cash, check, or Zelle) will cover snacks and pumpkins. Please RSVP by October 7.
November 4-5: Retreat
- HB Youth will participate in the Tri-Presbytery retreat at Camp Loucon. Watch for more details!
December 16, 6:30-10: Christmas Party
- We’ll have food and games, including continuing the beloved HB youth tradition of the white elephant gift exchange, at the home of one of our members.
HBYouth Group Meets at Harvey Browne every Sunday from 4 – 5:30 in the Youth Center.
Wednesday nights: Study Hall
- Stay tuned for more information about Wednesday nights, but I think the tentative plan is to offer musical opportunities for youth during the regular children’s choir times, and to offer an informal “study hall” where youth who do not wish to sing or play bells can be together in the youth space from 6-6:45 engaging in quiet pursuits that could involve chatting, studying, or board games, but not playing video games or using the game tables. We will also have an (optional) youth table at the Wednesday night dinners.
Questions may go to Renata Dewees, Director of Youth Ministries – email@example.com