We continue to progress on the road to the in-person worship experience you were accustomed to. Our Session has passed new guidelines for worship and use of the church building. Effective immediately you can show up on Sunday mornings, no reservations required. You will be asked to sign in as you enter for contact tracing. Rooms in the church can now be occupied at 60% capacity allowing many small church groups to resume in-person meetings.
For a short time longer we will continue to require face masks in the church building to provide safety for those who are not yet eligible for a vaccine (our children) and those who may have certain medical conditions that continue to put them at risk. We have been enjoying the beauty of our choir singing with their special “singing” masks and a considerable distance from you. Guidelines still discourage congregational singing so we will need to listen only for now. Groups serving foods will continue to be restricted as this has been shown to cause congregating at the food table.
Federal, state, and Presbytery guidelines continue to be monitored and we hope to issue new guidelines to be “Healthy at Church” soon if the current trends continue. This first step forward with our successful in-person experience is a joyous development. We look forward to having you in church soon.
Some details regarding changes in to our worship service:
- You are asked to enter only by the foyer door, the door across from the nursing home. Doors will open at 10:00 AM. Once inside, you will be directed to the podium to sign-in for contact tracing and then to your seat. Note: You will probably not get to sit in your “usual” seat, so we will all need to be flexible.
- Everyone is required to wear a mask for the entire service. Please bring your own mask but we will have some masks available at the door for those who forget.
- Two bathrooms on the second floor will be available for emergencies only. Keep that in mind as you prepare to leave home to come to church. Except for the foyer and sanctuary, the rest of the building will be closed off.
- The coffee cove will not be open, and water fountains are off limits.
- The nursery will be available before the service starts for ages 5 and under. Julie Rousseau will walk your child(ren) to the Nursery.
- There will be a Time for Young Disciples during the service. Children under the age of 5 may go to childcare afterwards.
- There will no in-person Sunday school for children, youth, or adults.
- We will are doing blood pressure checks after worship in the foyer.
- During the service we will have responsive reading, but we will not have singing nor passing of the offering plate (an offering box will be available at the rear of the sanctuary).
We encourage you to use good common sense about returning. If you are not feeling well or have underlying health issues, we encourage you to stay safely at home and worship by means of our virtual worship services.