Here’s what’s happening this week at HBPres. Click on our Happenings tab for more information on these and upcoming events.
Friday, December 7, 2018
- 7:30 PM Louisville Philharmonia Concert at Beargrass Chr.
Saturday, December 8, 2018
- 9:30 AM Louisville Winds Rehearsal Sanctuary
- 10:00 AM PW Christmas Coffee Foyer
- 1:00 PM Louisville Philharmonia Concert at Beargrass Chr.
Sunday, December 9, 2018
- Second Sunday of Advent
- Last day to return Gift Tree Tags
- 9:00 AM Breakfast Eline Hall
- 9:00 AM Orchestra Rehearsal Sanctuary
- 9:30 AM Sunday School Classes
- 9:45 AM Choir Rehearsal Sanctuary
- 10:30 AM Worship Sanctuary
- 11:00 AM Korean Worship Chapel
- 11:30 AM Chancel Choir Rehearsal Sanctuary
- 11:30 AM Blood Pressure Checks Living Rm.
- 11:30 AM HBTweens Emory Hall
- 12:00 PM Korean Fellowship Eline Hall
- 3:00 PM Louisville Winds Concert Sanctuary
- 4:00 PM Yoga with Betsy Session Rm.
Monday, December 10, 2018
- 9:00 AM Harvey’s Helpers
- 11:00 AM Tai Chi Youth Loft
- 7:00 PM Dartball Make-up Game Eline Hall
- 7:00 PM Louisville Philharmonia Rehearsal Sanctuary
I sat down on a Thursday morning a few weeks ago next to my bowl of cereal and morning paper. The headline read, “Food stamps cut 36 dollars a month, more cuts still being debated.” Thursday is one of my two mini-fast days. In order to lose some weight, I had been eating 600 calories two days of each week. I stayed on my regular diet the other days. I have now reached my goal and am simply trying to maintain my weight, so I still eat my 200-calorie breakfast four days a week. Odd isn’t it, to be reading about people not able to get...read more
I had to twist and turn one night recently trying to get to sleep. I was having trouble making the pain in my back go away. I have gotten to that wonderful age where you have to turn just a certain way to finally get comfortable enough to go to sleep. Age does have its woes, doesn’t it? But Saturday morning finally did come. I had a wedding rehearsal on Friday night that was filled with joy and excitement. I find particular delight in doing a wedding for someone I watched grow up in the church. I went for my walk early, rain was...read more