The Middle and High School Youth will generally meet on the first, third and fifth Sundays from 5:00-7:00 p.m. We will share a meal and gather for a Bible study and recreation. We will be involved in missions, Bible study, recreation, group building, and supporting HBPres activities.
The youth will also meet on Wednesdays for dinner, music, and recreation, mission, or discussions (September – May).
September 23, 12 – 4 pm (Grades 3-12) Terry Hargrave needs to know who will be going to this event so she can arrange transportation!
- Waterfront Park
- The Hunger Walk presented by Aramark is a 5K Walk and Run benefiting Dare to Care Food Bank. Over 2,000 people put hunger on the run and make a public commitment that everyone will have access to the food they need to be healthy.
- The Hunger Walk is organized by Dare to Care and Interfaith Paths to Peace.
- HBPres Youth and Tweens will meet after worship to travel together to the walk. We will have lunch at church and then proceed to the walk. This is the youth group activity for the day, so we will not meet at our regular time. ALL are welcome, even family members. There are activities for children. We need drivers to help transport.
September 30, 5-7 pm (Grades 6-12)
- Youth/Parent meeting and dinner. We will discuss summer 2019 youth trips with deadlines being December 1.
October 12-13, 5 pm – 4 pm (Grades 6-12)
- Youth Retreat at Cedar Ridge Camp
- We will meet at Cedar Ridge Camp for an overnight of mission and fun. We will help with the set up for the big fundraiser for the camp. Late Friday night, we will enjoy the Popelick Monster Trail. Cost is $25.
October 21, 12-5 pm (Grades 6-12)
- The youth will help with the Fall Festival for Uspiritus at the Bellewood Campus. We will leave HBPres at 11 am after Sunday school to go set up. The Festival is from 12-5 pm so please pick up your youth at Bellewood at 5 pm. Youth need to bring their water bottles and money to purchase food there. I need help with transportation.
November 4, 5-7 pm (Grades6-12)
- Plan Parents Night Out. Put together College Care Packages.
November 10, 4:30-10 pm (HBKids, HBTweens: All ages – led by the youth group)
- Parents Night Out – fundraiser for the youth trips
- Youth are welcome to stay overnight for a lock-in but must stay for worship the next morning. We will have a time to sleep so bring sleeping bags and other necessary items.
November 18, 5-7 pm (HBYouth – Grades 6-12)
- Youth Group – put together Thanksgiving food baskets for St. MAM
November 25, 3-5 pm (Grades 6-12)
- The youth will meet at Highland Presbyterian Church to participate in a Stop Hunger Project.
December 2, 5-7 pm (Grades 6-12)
- Youth Group
December 21, 6 pm – 10 am (Grades 6-12)
- Lock-in for all youth. Bring a white elephant gift and a snack to share.
Montreat Youth Conference 2018