The Middle and High School Youth will generally meet on the first, third and fifth Sundays from 5:00-7:00 p.m. We will share a meal and gather for a Bible study and recreation. We will be involved in missions, Bible study, recreation, group building, and supporting HBPres activities.
The youth will also meet on Wednesdays for dinner, music, and recreation, mission, or discussions.
Mark your calendars:
Sunday, September 17 at 5:00 p.m. in Eline Hall (MS & HS)
- Parent and Youth Meeting. How well do you know your youth? game. We will talk about summer 2018 trips. Potluck dinner – bring a dish to share. (Younger siblings are welcome)
Friday, September 22-24, 6:00 p.m.–11:00 a.m. (MS)
- Mid-Kentucky Presbytery Middle School Youth Retreat at Cedar Ridge Camp. Messy games, zip line, and so much more! Cost is $50. “Word” – Led by Denise Anderson, one of the Co-Moderators of the PC(USA)
Sunday, October 1, Noon- Hunger Walk, Run or Row (MS & HS)
- This year you may do one event or all three. The event will be held on Sunday, October 1, beginning at 12:00 p.m. at Harbor Lawn, 231 Witherspoon Street. The goal is to raise $100,000 to benefit Dare to Care. The HBYouth will join the Hunger Walk as a team and we will meet after worship for lunch, then to travel together to Waterfront Park for the walk. This is the youth group activity for the day, so we will not meet at our regular time. ALL are welcome, even family members. There are activities for children.
Sunday, October 15 Family Fest at Bellewood (MS & HS)
- Uspiritus is celebrating fall with the “Harvest for Hope” on Sunday, October 15 from 12 noon to 5:00 p.m. on the Bellewood Campus in Anchorage. HBYouth will be providing a booth of life size games like Jenga, Connect Four and Pick-Up Sticks. We will leave HBPres at 11:00 a.m. after Sunday school to go set up. Please be sure to pick up your youth at Bellewood at 5:00 p.m. Youth need to bring their water bottles and money to purchase food there. The event is free with free kids’ crafts, carnival games, face painting, live music, a rock climbing wall and inflatables. Food vendors will be available as well as a bake sale featuring delicious homemade goodies. Come and join the fun with our Uspiritus kids and staff.
Sunday, October 29 Louisville Presbyterian Seminary (MS & HS)
- The youth are invited to participate in the Presbytery wide worship service at the Louisville Presbyterian Seminary on Sunday, October 29 at 4:00 p.m. We will leave HBPres at 3:30 p.m. or you may come as a family. This is subject to change.
High School Retreat at Camp PYOCA – “Building Bridges”- We will meet at HBPres on Friday, October 6 at 4:30 p.m. We will return on Sunday, October 8 around 3:30p.m. Cost is $100 for youth. Sign up by Sunday, September 24 with Terry Hargrave.
High School Retreat and Service Blitz (HBYouth HS)- Mid-KY Presbytery Retreat for High School Youth at Cedar Ridge Camp. The retreat begins on Friday, October 13 at 5:00 p.m. and ends on Saturday, October 14 at 1:30 p.m. Cost is $50. Please register with Terry Hargrave by October 1.
HBYouth Fall Kick-off at Cedar Ridge:
2017 Middle School Mission Trip and the 2017 Middle School Conference:
2017 Montreat Youth Conference: